Instagram is a wonderful platform to share real-time moments with friends and family. Instagram has introduced an Instagram story, which allows users to upload multiple images or videos for a limited number of hours. Whereas IGTV is the video-centric version of Instagram that lets users watch longer vertical videos from their favourite creators- longer than 1 minute to 60 minutes.
In this article, we will see how to share IGTV video on Instagram story. In case you are unaware of IGTV, head over to this site and check out what features it has to offer!
Now let’s see the steps that should be taken to share IGTV videos directly on your Instagram Story:
There are two ways to do it.
- 1 Method 1: Sharing the link in the story
- 1.1 1. Open the IGTV app and find the video you want to share.
- 1.2 2. Tap the three dots besides the video and select “Copy Link.”
- 1.3 3. Open your Instagram app & create a new story by tapping the ‘plus’ sign at the top and clicking on the ‘story’ option.
- 1.4 4. Click on the create option and choose the link option from available stickers.
- 1.5 5. Paste the link selected from IGTV app into the URL text box as shown below.
- 1.6 6. Tap “Done” when you’re finished adding a link to your story.
- 1.7 7. Share the link on your story or close friends as shown below.
- 2 Method 2: Sharing the snippet of the IGTV video in the story
- 2.1 1. Choose a video from the IGTV app to post a teaser on IG Stories.
- 2.2 2. At the bottom of the video, click the paper airplane icon.
- 2.3 3. Select the option ‘Add video to your story.’ Then you will be taken to the IG Stories screen, with a preview of your video as a snippet in the center.
- 2.4 4. Edit the post as you see fit, with the snippet poster as it is. When your followers tap on ‘watch video,’ they will be directed to watch the video on IGTV.
- 2.5 5. Post the IGTV video, as you would post any IG Story.
- 3 Faqs:
2. Tap the three dots besides the video and select “Copy Link.”
3. Open your Instagram app & create a new story by tapping the ‘plus’ sign at the top and clicking on the ‘story’ option.
This method can be boring and time-consuming sometimes.
Fortunately, Instagram now allows creators to post a snippet of their IGTV videos to their stories, which is even easier and less time-consuming than linking in method 1!
Method 2: Sharing the snippet of the IGTV video in the story
3. Select the option ‘Add video to your story.’ Then you will be taken to the IG Stories screen, with a preview of your video as a snippet in the center.
4. Edit the post as you see fit, with the snippet poster as it is. When your followers tap on ‘watch video,’ they will be directed to watch the video on IGTV.
5. Post the IGTV video, as you would post any IG Story.
This is how easy it is to share IGTV videos via Instagram stories. If you cannot find the IGTV sharing option within your settings, then kindly update your Instagram app on your device.
Do not miss the opportunity to link your IGTV videos to your Instagram stories. Every day, over 400 million stories are created and viewed. It’s a platform feature with many active people who will be interested in your content.
Well, that’s all for this article on how to share full igtv video to Instagram story. If you have any doubts or questions, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.
I hope you got an idea on how to share igtv video on Instagram story. If you still have problems or doubts, please let me know via the comments below, and I will try my best to solve all your doubts. Happy Insta-ing!!!
What is IgTV?
IgTV is a new app developed by Instagram that lets you watch long-form, vertical videos. Unlike traditional Instagram videos, IgTV videos are full-screen and can be hour-long. You can access IgTV by opening the Instagram app and tapping the new “Igtv” icon at the top of the screen.
Instagram is showing no signs of a slowdown, video is still the most valued sort of online material, and more and more people are using their phones to access the internet. IGTV is the only top platform built specifically to meet this demand: a vertical (mobile-first) video platform with complete Instagram integration and support.
When you know how to share a video on Instagram, you can reach out to digital natives like millennials and Gen Z, who prefer vertical videos and longer forms of video content on their phones.
IGTV also allows for desktop uploads, allowing you to get the most out of what you can produce and share on the site. This means you’ll have more chances to tell your brand’s narrative in a more meaningful and high-quality approach.
IGTV could be the mobile video platform of the future. So get ahead of the competition by building your brand with IGTV in mind.
Why Should You Post Your IGTV Video to Your Instagram Story?
You may not realize it, but over 500 million users have already used Instagram’s “Story” feature, and the app is still striving to promote it. When you publish a video to IGTV, it may go unnoticed by your followers. This is due to the fact that the new Instagram algorithm only shows us certain types of content in our feed.
All stories shared by the accounts we follow, on the other hand, will appear in the top banner of our Instagram home. As a result, your story is more likely to be seen than a regular post. By sharing your IGTV video as your story, you can easily redirect your audience and let them know about the new content that you have posted.
Who can create IgTV videos?
Anyone with an Instagram account can create an IgTV video. However, only verified accounts can upload videos longer than 10 minutes.
How do I watch IgTV videos?
To watch an IgTV video, install the IGTV app and start watching your favourite videos. Scroll through the list of videos and tap the one you want to watch. You can also search for a specific video by tapping the magnifying glass icon at the top of the screen and typing in a keyword.
Yes, you can share IgTV videos on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms. However, they will be displayed as traditional Instagram videos rather than full-screen IgTV videos.